Friday, January 28, 2011

Good Readers and Good Writers

Nabokov mentions that, “The students leaned heavily on emotional identification, action and the social economic or historical angle” (Nabokov, 615). However, he mentions that a reader should have imagination, good memory, and a dictionary and also be willing to reread. I agree that one should have some kind of imagination depending on the literature; a dictionary I think is a must and be able to reread so that the reader can comprehend what was read. I am not much of a reader therefore, I tend to read and reread books especially if they are not of much interest to me. Books that I enjoy I have no problem read them once without having any problems however when I have little choice of the matter the book or story becomes very difficult. For the most part I really don’t consider myself a good reader, but I do however use my imagination as much as I can when reading books this keeps me from being bored and allows me to continue the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment